Edenderry ease past St Rynagh's

November 8, 2018

St Rynagh’s……0-04

Last Bank Holiday Monday Edenderry played St Rynagh’s in the re-fixed league game in Edenderry. After a very one sided game, Edenderry ran out easy winners on a scoreline of 2-17 to 0-04.

Edenderry opened the scoring when Shane ‘Bisto’ Kelly kicked a good point, after Paddy Lynch delivered a long ball to Seanie Moore, who hand-passed to Bisto. St Rynagh’s soon levelled the scoring when they sent the ball over the bar from a free. Then Edenderry nearly scored a goal, but Cillian Farrell’s low shot went narrowly wide. St Rynagh’s then went a point in front when they converted their second free. Cillian Farrell levelled with a good point, before Seanie Moore scored a cracking goal, when he pulled on a loose ball which flew into the roof of the net. Mark Young then scored Edenderry’s second goal, when he finished to the net after being set up by Stephen Murphy. Just before the halftime break, Edenderry added two more points both coming from Keith McGuinness.

Halftime, Edenderry 2-04 St Rynagh’s 0-02.

St Rynagh’s opened the scoring in the second half with a good point, before it was soon cancelled out by Keith McGuinness who kicked a good point. Edenderry then added two points from placed balls; the first came from a Cillian Farrell free-kick, while the second came from a Seanie Moore 45 metre free. Cillian then scored a point from play, after a good move involving Stephen Murphy and Bisto Kelly. Despite having a quiet evening in the Edenderry goals, Colin McCormack was still very alert as he made a brilliant save to deny St Rynagh’s a goal at the expense of a 45 metre free. St Rynagh’s dropped the resulting kick short, and Edenderry worked the ball down the field to Mark Young who kicked a good point. Robbie Glennon was then introduced in place of Stephen Doyle. Keith McGuinness then added his fourth point of the game, after good work from Shane Connell and Robbie Glennon. That score was followed by a point from Cillian Farrell, after full-back Stuart Quinn burst out of defence with the ball to set up an Edenderry attack. Then Padraig Foy came on for Paul Hanlon, before Robbie Glennon kicked a good point. Adrian Bryan was then introduced for the injured Stuart Quinn, before St Rynagh’s scored their fourth and last point. The St Rynagh’s goalie made a great save to deny Paddy Lynch a certain goal, before Brendan McCabe and Kevin Guing came in for Mark Young and Cillian Farrell respectively. Robbie Glennon then scored his second point since his introduction. Keith McGuinness then scored his fifth point after good work from Johnny Hurst. Robbie Glennon scored another point, before Edenderry went down to 14 men when Bisto Kelly had to leave the field with a bloody nose after getting the ball full force in the face. Keith McGuinness finished off the scoring with two more points, to bring his personal tally to an impressive seven points.

This was a better display from Edenderry’s last outing against Bracknagh, though admittedly, against a very disappointing St Rynagh’s side. Edenderry had some excellent performances from Johnny Blong, Stuart Quinn, Colin McCormack, Paul Hanlon, Keith McGuinness, Seanie Moore, and Robbie Glennon when introduced.

Team: Colin McCormack; Johnny Blong, Stuart Quinn, Wayne Mooney; Stephen Murphy, Johnny Hurst, Paul Hanlon; Shane Connell, Stephen Doyle; Paddy Lynch, Mark Young (1-1), Shane Kelly (0-1); Keith McGuinness (0-7), Cillian Farrell (0-4), Seanie Moore (1-1).

Substitutes: Robbie Glennon (0-3), Padraig Foy, Adrian Bryan, Brendan McCabe, Kevin Guing.

Referee: Martin Carthy.