November 7, 2018

NAAS      1  –  19             CLANE      1  –  8

Naas dominated this league game against Clane and were well worth their eleven point winning margin. A Michael McDonald goal just on half- time put Naas ahead  1  –  12 to  0  –  0 at the break. Clane had a brief spell on top in the first ten minutes of the second half scoring 1 – 4 without reply. However Naas regained control scoring four points in five minutes and ran out easy winners.

Naas opened the scoring with an Ailin McDermott point after four minutes, John Joyce followed with  similar scores before McDermott scored his second. Then a Shane Bergin point was followed by two from his brother Ross and a third McDermott point. Naas led by eight points after twenty minutes. An Eamonn Callaghan point, another McDermott point, and two more from Ross Bergin put Naas twelve in front. On the stroke of half-time Naas centre back Michael McDonald latched onto a rebound to score  one of his rare goals for Naas . At the interval Naas led 1 – 12 to Nil.

Clane staged a comeback at the start of the second half with a Robert Dunne free in the first minute and a Jake Devey goal after five minutes. Three more  points followed from Barry Egan, Robbie Phillips and Jake Devey to leave eight between them after ten minutes. But a Brian Kane point and three from Ross Bergin(two frees) steadied the ship and Naas went on for a comfortable victory.

Naas; Barry Reynolds, Eoghan Bateman, Eoin Doyle, John Hill, Paul Sullivan, Michael McDonald(1 – 0), Eamonn Callaghan(0 – 1), Brian Kane(0 – 1), David Gahan, Shane Bergin(0 – 1), Brian Byrne(0 – 1), Ailin McDermott (0 – 4), John Joyce (0 – 2), Ross Bergin(0 -7), Conor Ferguson. Subs: Shane Gibbons(0 – 1), Dean McHolmes (0 – 1).

Clane: Robbie Eyres, Dermot Reynolds, Eoin Naughton, Ryan McGrath, Cian O’Donoghue, Barry Egan(0 – 1), Brian Keating, Tomas O’Connor, Christopher Byrne, Cian Kilkenny, Simon Jackson, Jake Devey(1 – 1), Kyle Devey, Jack Kelly(0 – 1), Robert Dunne(0 – 1). Subs: Robbie Phillips(0 – 2), Eoin O’Neill(0 – 1), Karl Martin(0 – 1).

Referee: Fergal Barry.