November 7, 2018

NAAS    1  –  17         ST.KEVINS      1  –  7                                                                                                                                                            Naas had ten points to spare over St.Kevins in this Leinster Leader cup game. In a closely contested first half Naas led by three points at the interval after  Brian Dunne had given St.Kevins the lead with a sixth minute goal. Naas dominated the last twenty minutes scoring 1 – 6 to one point for Kevins .

Naas opened the scoring with points from Shane Bergin and John Joyce. The home side replied with a Brian Dunne goal and a Damien O’Reilly point to lead 1 – 1 to o – 2 after seven minutes. Naas got on top with four unanswered points from Ross Bergin(free), Paul Sullivan, John Joyce and David Gahan to go two clear. Two Damien O’Reilly points brought the sides level again. Coming up to half-time Naas pulled three points clear with points from Conor Ferguson, Ailin McDermott and John Joyce. Naas led 0 – 9 to 1 – 3.

At the start of the second half Ross Bergin and Paul McDermott traded points with  Damien O’Reilly(2) . A Ross Carew point for Kevins was followed by two Ross Bergin points for Naas. Naas went six points clear when Brian Kane and Conor Ferguson pointed. Naas led 0 – 15 to 1 – 6. A Cathal O’Leary point for St.Kevins reduced the arrears. Naas finished strongly with a Dean McHolmes goal and points from Ailin McDermott and Eamonn Callaghan.

Naas: Barry Reynolds, Eoghan Bateman, Michael McDonald, John Hill, Shane Bergin (0 – 1), Paul Sullivan(0 – 1), Ailin McDermott(0 – 2), Brian Kane (0 – 1), David Gahan(0 – 1), Paul McDermott(0 – 1), Brian Byrne, Conor Ferguson (0 – 2), John Joyce(0 – 3),Ross Bergin(0 – 4), Neil Farragher. Subs: Dean McHolmes(1 – 0), Eamonn Callaghan(0 – 1).

St.Kevins: Keith Fitzharris, Kevin O’Brien, Jason Brosnan, Brian Elliott, Robert Beirne, Thomas Barron, Trevor McDonald, Ciaran McMahon, Cathal O’Leary(0 – 1), Ross Carew(0 – 1), Patrick Walshe, Aeneas Murphy, Damien O’Reilly(0 – 5), Brian Dunne(1 – 0), Cormac Noone.

Referee: Liam Herbert.