Training in COrk

November 8, 2018




There is a strong tradition of hurling activity in Carrigaline and its surrounds going back hundreds of years. The modern founding of the club traces back to circa 1884 as Carrigaline joined the GAA shortly after the association came into existence. For many years the club played its games in various locations in and around the village. Scriven’s field (where Hillview estate now resides), Cogans on the Cork Road and Carty McCarthy’s field at Pipers Cross were all venues used for matches. In these early days teams consisted of twenty one players, then seventeen and finally the modern number of fifteen in 1912.