U12 Second Team Lose To K/K

November 8, 2018


Last Saturday Edenderry’s second U12 team played Kilcormac/Killoughey at home in the championship. After a very good game of football Kilcormac/Killoughey emerged as winners by six points on a scoreline of 2-10 to 1-7.

Kilcormac/Killoughey laid the foundations for this victory in the first half when they scored a goal and five points without reply. But during that period Edenderry were unlucky not to score a few goals, with one chance from Darren Quinn hitting the crossbar. Before halftime Edenderry settled, and they scored points from their two midfielders Eoin Farrell (free) and Callum Roche.

Halftime, Edenderry 0-02 Kilcormac/Killoughey 1-05.

Edenderry made a good start to the second half with two points, the first an excellent score from Cian Farrell, and second from a Darren Quinn free. Kilcormac/Killoughey responded with two points, before Eoin Farrell kicked his second point from a free. Kilcormac/Killoughey then scored their second goal of the game from a rebound, after Jason McNamee had made a brilliant save from the initial shot. A few minutes later Kilcormac/Killoughey nearly got in for their third goal, but Jason McNamee stood in their way as he made a great save. Stephen Osborne then scored a very good point, after a good pass from Matthew Beatty. Kilcormac/Killoughey then scored two points from frees, before Eoin Farrell scored a goal after a great run. Kilcormac/Killoughey then scored their last point of the game, before Sean Blong made an excellent block to prevent them scoring another goal. The last score of the game went to Edenderry and Stephen Osborne, when he kicked a very good point.

Edenderry put in a great second half performance as they kicked some great scores, and had some good performances in defence from Sean Blong, Brendan Lynch, Alex Dinkin, Jordan Farrell and Daniel Kane. Edenderry’s final group game will be at home to Shamrocks on Saturday 29th August at 12 noon.

Team: Jason McNamee; Sean Blong, Brendan Lynch, Alex Dinkin; Evan Hackett, Jordan Farrell, Daniel Kane; Callum Roche (0-1), Eoin Farrell (1-2); Darren Quinn (0-1), Jack Foran, Eoin O’Reilly; Craig Mangan, Stephen Osborne (0-2), Matthew Beatty.

Substitutes: Keelan McGlynn, Shane Cummins, Cian Farrell (0-1), Jake Kenny.

Referee: Martin Carthy.